Pages

Friday 11 August 2017

Hamilton East School

Every Friday we have Positive Assembly in our school hall. Our deputy principal, Mrs Bobsein and a couple of kids ( I'm one of them ) set up the hall, like put out the chairs, play the music and work the sound system. This is a very important job.

Also, our Teachers are given Positive Cards. They hand them out to kids that have followed are toolkit. The kids write their names and their class on it, and they put in their team box.
 (Kauri-9-11,Totara-7-8,Kowhai-5-6) Then on Friday our principal, Pippa picks three cards from each team and they choose a prize. Its very likely if you got 4 or 5 positive cards that week you have a good chance of getting picked out.

Today we had a Mihi Whakatau, so our Kapa Haka group performed and welcomed our new staff.
After that, our other deputy principal Whaea Sheryl and Pippa hand out certificates that the teacher has written... and guess what! I got awarded one!!!! I was so happy. I was awarded one, for staying calm and reflective which means I am always ready to learn. Standing on stage smiling with a certificate is an amazing feeling.

I remember my first certificate. I was in Room 4, with Whaea Kat and Whaea Sheryl. I got awarded it for helping a boy Josiah, and the best thing was that my mum was there to see it. It was a huge milestone for me and I will never forget it. I love Positive Assembly because everyone has an opportunity to be appreciated!
Ka Kite, Anahera xxxx

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way you are telling us about your important job your doing for the school.
    Next time you shold try to put some pitchers on to.
    I wonder if you have lots of fun doing your job.

    Bye Abagail in room 11...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abagail, Yes my job is lots of fun doing but also serious because we can't joke around. Yes I will definetly put some pictures next time
    Anahera

    ReplyDelete