Pages

Saturday 7 October 2017

Rarotonga

Oh my gosh! I just had the best time at Rarotonga! 2 weeks before the school holidays for some reason. I studied the island closely, and I am here to share those with you!
So firstly:
1. There is close to no internet in Rarotonga except places like Airports and cafes
2. There is a very high chance that if you are staying at a non-luxury hotel or motel, you will spot more than a few gecko's! They mostly come out at night, so its very rare if you see them throughout the day
3. In Rarotonga, they do not have planes. So people flying to Rarotonga get dropped off by where there from, then the people flying from Rarotonga will go onto that plane
4. The ocean is a very light blue at the shallow end but way further down it is a nice dark blue. It isn't often that the tide comes into the shore. My mum wanted us to fly to Aitutaki where the ocean is more beautiful, which is a 45 minute trip from Raro. But we didn't end up going.
5. There is more restaurants, marine reserves, spa's and bars then you could think of! Some days we went snorkelling in the marine reserve and there were SO MUCH FISH. To bad we couldn't fish them!
6. Everyone is very friendly! As my Mum and I passed a few locals they waved and shouted 'Kia Orana!'
7. Their songs are very beautiful! We went to Avarua Church and they sang a touching song that my Mum remembered from growing up there. She started crying.
8. When a family member passes, they bury them in the front of their house.
Hope you enjoyed! Rarotonga is wonderful and I'm definitely am planning to go back and I certainly recommend going!

No comments:

Post a Comment